HubSpot Sales Free vs. Sales Starter vs. Sales Professional vs. Sales Enterprise
HubSpot is the ultimate marketing and sales tool. The benefits of using the HubSpot CRM are significant, but which upgrade should you choose? There are so many options and possibilities how do you know which direction to go in? Let’s take a closer look at the different options and help you make the right decision for your business.
The number one priority has to be getting the most value for your upgrade. The HubSpot CRM offers so many tools, but as an agency, the most common mistake we see is companies not getting the most out of what they purchase.
If you buy a Ferrari, but only drive it through the neighborhood, you have a significant amount of untapped horsepower. The same can be said for the HubSpot CRM. You don’t pay for a supercar and treat it like a bicycle -- let’s find the right option for your needs.
Understand What Works Best
HubSpot updates and changes all of the time. A recent update changed the pricing structure of the sales options in HubSpot.
HubSpot Sales Free is now free to use. This gives all HubSpot users an introduction to the sales platform and full access to the basic functions of the CRM.
HubSpot Starter is $50 per month. With this package, you get 1 sales user and serves as one step up from the free.
HubSpot Sales Pro is $400 per month. This serves as the all included package for complex sales teams.
HubSpot Enterprise is $1,200 per month. With 10 users included this is one of the newest products HubSpot has to offer.
Making the Right Choice
The price does not tell the whole story. You should not choose Sales Enterprise because you need the biggest and the best, and you should not stick with the Starter because it is free and you can save $50 a month. They each have options and benefits that need to be considered to make the right choice.
HubSpot Sales Free
If you are a small company with only a few users on HubSpot, the free version might be right for your team. You will not have full access to all of the toys in the toy box, but you won’t need them if you are getting started into inbound marketing.
- Integration: Integrate the other accounts that you currently use such as Gmail or Outlook. The advantage of HubSpot is not having to change your existing platforms. If you currently use it, odds are they have an integration.
- Contact Management: It would not be a CRM without contact management.
- Email Scheduling: Automate sales emails the same way you do with marketing emails. The key to inbound marketing: sending the right content, to the right people, at the right time.
- Tasks: Organize your sales teams easier than ever with tasks on individual contacts, companies, or deals.
This serves as an introduction to the sales platforms. Every company should be able to use these features, even with a small sales team.
HubSpot Sales Starter
Sales starter is designed for sales teams that are looking to get more aggressive and focus on growth. With Sales Starter, you get everything that the free version offers, plus more complex sales automation techniques and interactions.
- Conversation Routing: Easily live chat with your prospects in real time on your website.
- Sequences: Automate sequences of emails to send to your prospects. More complex than the free option, you are now sending emails based on user behavior.
- Prospects: See who is visiting your site. Give your sales team more insight into prospects than ever before. See what they are looking at and interested in to hit pain points through the sales cycle.
The most significant advantage here is the conversation routing and the ability to leverage live and automated chat fully. Chatting with prospects on the site is one of the best ways to generate new leads that would otherwise leave with no action, and push prospects through the sales process.
If you want to boost your sales performance upgrade from the free to the starter. The tools and access you get are well worth the $50 per month.
HubSpot Sales Pro
The mac daddy of them all is the Sales Pro: designed for larger sales teams this option comes with five users included. If you are juggling a large number of leads and opportunities with sophisticated sales offerings, this is the option for you.
- Calling: Sales calls made easy with click to call options.
- Custom Sales Reporting: Build up to 20 custom sales reports
- Meetings: Eliminate the back and forth of meeting scheduling. Make it easier than ever for your prospects to schedule time with you.
- Templates: Build a shared compilation of templates. If you are sending the same types of emails based on user behavior, make it a template for your team to share. Save time and make the transitions easy.
- Documents: Build a library of helpful sales content for your entire team. Integrate directly with your Gmail or Outlook inbox, and see which content closes deals.
- Teams: Organize your users and report on sales teams.
- Sales Automation: Make the sales process as easy and as fast as possible. Increase efficiency, productivity, and accuracy by automating tasks.
Enterprise takes Sales Pro even further and allows ten users for the largest sales teams. The key difference between the two is the implementation of revenue related goals and playbooks.
In Sales Pro you can create templates for personal emails and in Sales Enterprise, you can implement full playbooks for sales campaigns or product categories. They also provide calculated properties which would allow you to create custom commissions within HubSpot.
Announced at INBOUND 2018, HubSpot enterprise is one of the newest products HubSpot has to offer. Designed for the largest and most complex sales teams, however, some of the additional features are still being worked out. Look for this to be fully operational with no bugs in late 2019.
Putting It Together
HubSpot Sales Pro and Enterprise are designed to be your one-stop sales management tools. If you have a larger sales team with multiple users than this is your Ferrari. If you are using Salesforce or other CRMs, then you will not be able to take full advantage of all of these tools.
The key here is getting the right value out of your package.
Sales Pro is by far the most bang for your buck CRM package you can get, but it always comes with five users, no less. So it would be best if you had the proper sales teams to fill these spots. If you have a larger sales team then you want to compare Sales Pro + additional users vs Sales Enterprise.
With any of these options, it is going to come down to your team taking full advantage of these options. This article is a small breakdown of what you can do with each one, but if you do not use some of these options, then you pay for something you are not using. Get the most value you can by utilizing the options you do have in an efficient and organized manner. If you have over 660 horsepower or sales automation make sure you use it and put the pedal to the metal! L
earn more about how to use your HubSpot CRM and Marketing software efficiently with our Ultimate HubSpot Audit Guide. It breaks down ways to self-audit your software to increase company organization and efficiency.